Organizations today are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of rewarding and appreciating their employees in a timely and appropriate manner. In this context, recognizing employees is not only about presenting them awards to at a formal internal event. There is another aspect to offering recognition in the right manner, which in our opinion, holds equal significance. This aspect is about accompanying the reward or recognition with a relevant message or citation. It is often these few words of appreciation included in the reward and recognition that make all the difference and inspire the employees to keep giving their best. There are several examples of best appreciation messages for employee recognition that can be used by organizations to make the awards more meaningful and effective.
A well-written message of appreciation can make employees feel happy and motivated about their work and their contribution. In most cases, these messages leave a deep imprint on the minds of the employees and their memories inspires them to constantly improve their performance. In fact, it has been observed that employees tend to view the messages they receive with their recognition quite frequently even weeks later. This in itself proves the fact that a good appreciation message can bolster the impact of employee recognition significantly. Given below are a few important guidelines that can help organizations create truly impressive recognition messages.
1. Make them aware of the Reason
Any message of appreciation will feel incomplete if it does not refer to the reason for which the employee is being recognized. That is why it is important to ensure that the message clearly informs the employee of this reason and gives him or her a sense of fulfilment.
2. Inform about the Impact
In addition to the reason for recognition, the employee also needs to be informed about his or her impact on the business and the organization. This is essential to provide the employee with a sense of purpose and also to enhance his or her confidence.
3. Appreciate a Specific Action
A good recognition message should contain clear words of appreciation for the specific actions of the employee. These actions may include the performance, behaviour, achievements, reaching a specific milestone, or even leadership abilities, to name a few.
4. Use the Right Tone
Keeping the tone of the message warm and friendly is essential to enhance its long term impact on the employee. This can also help the organization to establish a close bond with the employees while also creating a deeper sense of loyalty and dedication among the latter.
5. Keep it Personalized
Keeping the employee recognition messages personalized assures the employees that they are being truly valued and cared for. This results in creating a sense of belonging and engagement that inspire the employees to contribute to business growth and success in every way they can.
Best Messages for the Most Common Categories of Employee Recognition
Given the different levels of employment and the diversity of job roles and responsibilities, having a recognition system with equally diverse categories is a must for every organization. Having multiple recognition categories ensures that every member of the workforce gets an opportunity to be appreciated under at least one category. This helps in enhancing the overall impact of the recognition program besides maximizing the satisfaction and engagement level of the employees. Here are the most common rewards categories implemented in various organizations along with a few examples of the best messages for employee recognition under various categories:
This category of rewards focuses on recognizing employees for their special contribution in their regular day-to-day work:
·“Customer service is more of an attitude than a department and your can-do attitude has helped save the day. Keep up the good work!”
·“Your attention to detail is your greatest strength and it has once again proved why you are such an important asset for our organization. Thank you for looking so deeply!”
·“Your success is rooted in your strong will and passion and this is what makes you different from people with better knowledge and skills. Congratulations on your remarkable achievement! “
This is the recognition offered by peers and co-workers to appreciate an employee:
· “Your desire and willingness to fuel our mutual efforts and guide us to success are well worth appreciation. I feel really privileged to have you as my colleague”.
· “I hope you know how much I value you as a colleague. You are a great source of inspiration for our team and I feel privileged to be working by your side.”
· “Your good work is commendable, and frankly, I am a bit envious of your talents. However, I am also proud to have you as my colleague. Wishing you all the best.”
Customers form the backbone of any organization and appreciating employees for their ability and skills to provide a great customer experience is the primary objective of this category of awards:
·“Your ability to nip problems in the bud has helped us build better products and deliver excellent services to our valuable customers. Your contributions have made us way better today than we were before.”
·“Your customer management skills are seriously commendable and your commitment to ensuring 100% customer satisfaction is highly commendable. Thank you for making our customers falling in love with us!”
·“Managing difficult customers and turning them into loyal clients is not everyone’s cup of tea, but you are definitely a master of this craft. We thank you and appreciate your approach to providing exceptional customer experience every single time!”
Innovation is key to enhancing business growth and success. This category of rewards focuses on recognizing and appreciating the creative and innovative skills of employees:
· “Your positivity and willingness to take risks helps us believe that goals can be achieved and success can be attained if we truly believe in them and work diligently to fulfil them. Thank you for being so creative and innovative!”
· “Your healthy perspective, your objectivity, and your sense of innovation make you a valuable asset to our team, and we greatly appreciate your visionary contributions that help us to stay ahead of our competitors. Thank you!”
· “Words fall short for appreciating the different contributions you have made to our organization through your exceptional creative and innovative skills. So, here is just saying thank you for all your efforts!”
This is one of the most important employee rewards categories that focus on appreciating top performers:
·“Your ability to perform every task with utmost sincerity has been a great motivator for all of us. Thank you for being the perfect employee that every employer desires!”
· “An organization cannot achieve its objectives of success without hard-working employees like you. Thank you for the effort and diligence that you put into your work every single day!”
·“Your dedication towards delivering high-quality output in every task assigned to you is truly commendable. I take this moment to convey my heartfelt thanks and best wishes for your future career!”
As the name indicates, this category of awards targets employees who work well in almost any team they are assigned to:
· “Your people skills combined with your great communication and listening skills make you an invaluable team member. We need more people like you and are proud to have you on our team!”
· “We love what you do for the team every day in terms of motivating them, helping them solve problems, and always being there for them. You truly are a valuable team player and we thank you for that!”
· “We as a team love you and admire your positivity, your patience, and your helpful nature. Thank you for your wonderful team spirit which keeps us inspired and improves our coordination!”
This is a category of employee rewards for appreciating the long-serving employees of an organization:
·“Every idea you shared, and every opportunity you seized, and every contribution you made over the years, helped us achieve new heights of success. Kudos to your unwavering dedication and commitment!”
· “You and your work have always been beyond our highest level of expectations and have contributed significantly to our journey of success. Thanks for choosing to grow old with the organization!”
· “Thank you for motivating us and encouraging us with your actions and your words throughout the years. May you continue to inspire us for many years to come!”
Great teams are the biggest contributing factor for the success of an organization, which is why this category of awards aims to appreciate the collective efforts of a team as a single unit:
·“Great achievements are nurtured with the cooperation of many minds with a common vision working toward a common goal. Your team has proved this with the exceptional feats it has achieved and the single-minded commitment it has shown towards business growth. Thank you to every member of this wonderful team!”
·“Your teamwork is the fuel that has enabled us to obtain uncommon results and reach the heights of excellence. Thank you for coming together and staying together to work towards our cumulative success!”
·“Your team is the reason that we believe that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Thank you for making us believe in the magic of teamwork!”
The benefits of having employees with a positive mindset cannot be undermined and this category of rewards aims to appreciate such employees:
· “Your positivity is infectious, and we thank you for infecting us with your can-do attitude and seeing the good in every situation. As we learn to stay positive in the face of every adversity, we thank you for inspiring this change in attitude!”
·“Your reluctance to fail and your desire to persist combined with the never faltering smile on your face reflects our organization’s culture in the most effective manner. Thank for being the brand ambassador of positivity and confidence in the workplace.”
· “You’ve got a winner’s attitude and no problem is too complex to solve, no mountain too high to climb for you. We love your ability to beat the odds by exhibiting great determination and confidence in every situation!”
The name of this recognition category says it all, that it is designed to appreciate new joiners exhibiting exceptional potential:
·“Thank you for being such a valuable addition to our workforce. Wishing you all the best for continued success in the coming days and years!”
·“It is unbelievable that you have been with us only for a few months and already we have been stunned by your skills and potential. Kudos for your excellent performance and for choosing us as your work family!”
“We were just wondering how we had managed before you joined us since your talent and competence have surprised us even beyond our wildest expectations. Thank you for being you and keep up the good work!”
While it is important to reward and recognize employees for their skills and performance, acknowledging their leadership and management potential is equally essential and this category of rewards does exactly that:
· “You are a true leader who has been gradually helping in building our future with your creativity and vision. We appreciate you for leading us with such brilliance!”
·“You are one of the best managers we could hope to get, and we take pride in your nature of commitment and integrity of character. Keep motivating your teams and leading them to even greater success!”
· “Your vision as a leader reflects your deep-rooted sense of passion and purpose and we are proud to have someone like you as a part of our organization. We wish you even greater success in the future!”
The above-discussed examples of best appreciation messages for employee recognition can help organizations to complement the rewards of different categories with appropriate words. This adds great value to the significance of the awards for the employee and motivates him or her to achieve even greater heights of performance.
To stay updated on the latest HiFives blogs follow us on Twitter (@MyHiFives)